Public notices are available for consultation at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Portugal in Ankara, regarding the designated members of the Ankara Voting Assembly for the election of the President of the Republic, the submissions definitively admitted and the opening hours of the Assemblies or Sections and voters who vote for them.
The election of the next President of the Republic is scheduled for January 24, 2021 (http://www.cne.pt/sites/default/files/dl/2021_pr_decreto_pr_60-a_de_2020.pdf).
Under the terms of CRP (article 121) and LEPR (paragraphs 1 and 2 of article 70), in the election of the President of the Republic the right to vote is exercised in person and directly by the voter.
Abroad, the face-to-face voting takes place at the polling stations set up at the consular posts to be publicized, on the 23rd and 24th of January 2021, and is aimed at Portuguese citizens living abroad and registered at the Census Commission (CR) of their area of residence (address on the Citizen Card).
The early vote of citizens registered in national territory, but temporarily displaced abroad under the terms defined by Law (article 70-B, of the LEPR), may be exercised between the 12th and 10th days prior to the day of election, at the Consular Posts defined by the MFA and announced on the website of the National Elections Commission (CNE), at: http://www.cne.pt/content/eleicao-para-o-presidente-da-republica-2021
Thus, early voting can be exercised between January 12 to 14, 2021, in the following conditions:
- When displaced abroad, due to the exercise of public functions;
- When displaced abroad, due to the exercise of private functions;
- When displaced abroad in an official representation of a national team, organized by a sports federation endowed with a public sport utility status;
- As students, researchers, teachers and research fellows abroad displaced in higher education institutions, research units or similar recognized by the competent ministry;
- Patients undergoing treatment abroad;
- Living or accompanying the voters mentioned in the previous paragraphs.